The Cyprus Environment Foundation (CEF) raises money from individuals and businesses that love and rely on Cyprus and provide financial support to the most effective projects and campaigns working to protect and restore the natural environment of the area. The CEF focuses in 4 areas of interest: Biodiversity Conservation, Regenerative Land Use, Sustainable Waste Management and Sustainable Resource Management. Day to day activities of the person in charge for this position would be split 50/50 between fund raising and creation and promotion of communication material for the foundation.
- First class communicator, capable of engaging a broad range of stakeholders.
- Excellent connections with businesses, the Cyprus diaspora and/or individuals potentially interested to get involved.
- Pro-active, highly organized individual – a self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach.
- Fluent in Greek, Turkish and English.
- Part-time employment for a period of 3 to 6 months with the potential to be extended.
- Compensation: Negotiable depending upon experience.
- Applications open up to: October 10th 2022
- Work with Executive Director and central team to manage existing donors and secure new ones. The Foundation’s goal is €100,000 per year and then 20% growth.
- Create a fundraising plan for CEF in collaboration with the Conservation Collective and the Steering Committee (SC).
- Identify leads, and then develop and nurture relationships with private and corporate donors.
- Raise money from local and international businesses (researching new partners, cultivating partnerships through tailor made programs).
- Manage sales process from beginning to end, liaising with SC where necessary, attending key meetings.
- Apply for further funding from larger foundations to achieve big picture goals.
- Organize fundraising events.
- Upload information on CRM directory with new contacts made and update existing ones with ongoing communication.
- Help draft newsletters (4x per year) and distribute via MailChimp.
- Update website content (news, new and ongoing grants).
- Develop content and post it on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin).
- Social media monitoring and engagement with partners (likes, shares etc).
- Help create brochures and other marketing collateral.
- Relations with the media: drafting press releases, attending press conferences, interviews with press, radio and local TV.
- Help produce annual report, web content and other publications.
- Attend events and participation in conferences in representation of CEF.
- Prepare content as required for CEF partners (text for brochures, web pages and other promotional material).
To apply, send us your letter of interest and CV at: email@example.com
Poster photo by: Michael Papacharlambous